Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Really Have Nothing to Say


I taught six classes today, did necesary paper work to justify my existence in Educationland, ran 3 miles at the track in the park, worked for a while on my novel that I'm attempting to write, and now here I am in Bloggovania. And I have nothing to say.

Yesterday I was running along the lake and I saw a woman in front of me, also running and it said "Personal Trainer," on the back. When I run my mind wanders and I sometimes write song lyrics, cogitate to my heart's content, and solve the world's problems while I sweat. Yesterday I made up a dumb joke about an impersonal trainer. Next thing you know I posted it on Facebook as I would normally post real stuff. A couple of people thought I was being real. Oops! Well hey wanna buy some beachfront property in Arizona? I can get you a deal.

Then I posted something on this space about Serena Williams and her outburst at the U.S. Open and I created a stir with that. Oops! Put something out there for the world to see and someone actually sees it and takes issue with it. Sigh.

Over the past 10 months I have posted a lot of different things in this space. Some of it has been innocuous. Some of it has been slightly humorous. Some of it has been thought provoking. Some of it has been a declaration of who I am as an individual. Occasionally it has just pissed some people off. Oops!

I've thought long and hard about this last, the pissing people off part, and sometimes I think that I've just done what I think is what ought to be done. If people get pissed off, maybe I've done my job well. If they don't, then the whole thing is just so innocuous it's a waste of time. Then again, I sometimes think that maybe I could censor my thoughts a little sometimes. I'm feeling apathetic, but I don't care.

Well anyway, today I'm just rambling. I really have nothing to say. I just managed to say it in six paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment